KOGI STATE GOVERNMENT PRESS STATEMENT
21st February, 2020.
1. The attention of the Kogi State Government has been drawn to some flashes of criminality in some parts of the State.
2. We want to commend security agencies in the State for their doggedness and determination to restore Kogi’s heroics in the area of maintaining security of lives and property across the State. As a responsible Government, we see this as our number one mandate.
3. In the last four years, the Governor has made award-winning moves to curb insecurity and criminality such as the setting up of a joint force known as OPERATION TOTAL FREEDOM as well as the establishment of the Kogi State Vigilante Service; culminating in the drastic reduction in crime rate. In the last four years, there was only one attempted bank robbery which was foiled by our gallant security operatives.
4. Government is not oblivious of the fact that recent security concerns are as a result of negative reactions and spills from our immediate neighbors. We however remain confident that our security architecture can effectively deal with the situation.
5. At the State Executive Council Meeting of Wednesday 19th February, 2020; security issues topped the Agenda. To this end, Council has taken far reaching decisions that will ensure the security of our people.
6. The unfortunate Itobe incident will be dealt with appropriately. The Government of Kogi State will try as much as possible to stop whatever the people do consciously or unconsciously which may fuel crimes.
7. We call on our people across the state from Oshokoshoko to Okene and Itobe to remain calm and trust in the commitment of Government under the leadership of His Excellency Alh Yahaya Bello to rod Kogi of criminality.
8. We salute the courage and patriotism of the people of Kogi State who have remained resolutely supportive of our efforts at addressing security issues in the State.
9. Closely knitted to the commendation is a renewed call on our people to be security conscious and report suspects to the appropriate authorities. Our security whistleblower Policy is still valid under the coordination of the Office of the State Security Adviser.
Signed: Kingsley Fanwo
Commissioner for Information and Communication